About Dr. Kevin Wickes, NCC, LPC, CEAP
An experienced practitioner, Dr. Kevin Wickes, LPC, NCC, CEAP has seventeen years of experience practicing in counseling centers, hospitals, agencies, and other institutions. He is trained in the areas of Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Thought Field Therapy (TFT), and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT). He is certified in Employee Assistance Professional (CEAP), American Red Cross disaster responder, and in Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM), and is co-team leader with the Upstate SC-CISM.
He is a National Certified Counselor (NCC) by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC).
In addition, he has 15 plus years of teaching experience as a professor of Psychology and is willing to speak or consult about mental health issues, diversity, relationships, cognitive behavioral approaches, and other related topics.
Dr. Kevin Wickes has a special interest in transracial adoption, sport psychology, internet and substance abuse. He has written numerous articles for professional journals, and has presented at national conferences.
- South Carolina Employees Professional Association (SCEAPA) - 2009-present
- American Psychological Association (APA) – 1993-present
- American School Counseling Association (ASCA) – 2009-present
- Ball State University, Ph.D., in Counseling Psychology, 1993
- Purdue University, MSE and BA, in School Counseling/College Student Personnel and Public Relations and Secondary Education in Social Studies, 1987 and 1985